Quite the handsome devil.

22 July 2012

You get what you need.

Jackson is still very swollen this morning and the pain medication makes it hard for him to respond much.  He has mostly been resting. I got a look at the incision this morning. It looks good and there is noticeably less "bumpiness" in the fracture area.  He seems to be comfortable for the most part.  But I'm having a hard time believing that he will be ready to leave here before the end of the week.

Yesterday I went home to see the kids for a while.  It strikes me every time how the whole family dynamic changes when even one member of the family is missing.  Tuesday will be 4 weeks since the accident, and I miss Jackson.   I have to admit that there is some grieving involved since I have come to the realization that he will probably never be the same little boy.  The only thing that makes me feel better when I start thinking this way is to remember that he will be the little boy that Heavenly Father wants him to be.  I guess that's probably true of all of us.  If we let Him, the Lord will make of us what we are supposed to become.  Often that process can be painful and hard.  You don't always get what you want, sometimes you get what you need.

In spite of my feelings of wishing I could take my ball and go home, I am grateful for all that has been done for Jackson and for our family.  From the amazing nurses and doctors who have cared for him, to the friends and family who have encouraged us and uplifted us in so many ways, we feel so blessed and loved.  We appreciate your continuing prayers and support.

Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment