Quite the handsome devil.

08 July 2012

Things that matter most.

Jackson is resting so peacefully and I am so glad.  The past few days have been calm and quiet and he has remained consistently low with his brain pressure.  This morning he had another CT scan that was favorable with no additional swelling and the doctors were happy with the results.  Tomorrow when the neurosurgeons return, I feel relatively sure they will decide to move forward with the removal of the brain monitor.  This will allow us to move forward with other things as well.

I told Ashley yesterday that it felt almost like we are waiting for the birth of a baby.  We are excited and nervous and don't know for sure what will happen.  What we do know for sure is that we can't wait to see him and for him to see us.  Even as I sit by his bed every day and hold his hand and talk to him, I miss him.  It will be a beautiful day when he opens his eyes again and recognizes us.

As I sit with Jackson, I have a lot of time to think.  A LOT of time.  The thing that I think about the most is how important the people in my life are, and how unimportant things are.  My family is my world.  Nothing is more important to me.  I feel so blessed to have a husband who is my best friend and partner in every way and these 5 beautiful children that bring us such joy.  Some of the nurses here have said that they never want to have kids because they have seen such scary things happen to children.  I think it's sad. I would rather have the love and light that comes from my kids than to have an absence of fear.

A couple of things President Monson has said in recent Conference talks have stood out to me this morning:
"Fear not.  Be of good cheer.  The future is as bright as your faith."
"We will never regret the kinds words spoken or the affection shown.  Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us."

My love to you all,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment