Quite the handsome devil.

08 July 2012

We matter to Him.

It was a nourishing and (mostly) peaceful Sunday today. I got to go see Jackson for the second time at the hospital! For me, seeing him so well taken care of and visiting my parents comforts me and reminds me that everything will be alright. Jackson is on the way to recovery at his own pace and we're just excited for him to be awake again. I miss his sweet personality and especially his sense of humor, he's so entertaining. One morning a few weeks ago he came in my room and woke me up so he could put on a "play" with some Playmobil toys he has...it was typical Jackson. He is an extraordinary boy. Our family is so lucky to have such an amazing spirit in our midst. I feel blessed to have the wonderful brothers and loving parents that I do. 


An High Priest of Good Things to Come


The link above is a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland and is one of my very favorite talks ever. (They also made part of it into a mormon message video: Good Things to Come) He describes a time in his life that was trying for him and for his family and then explains that looking back he realized there was always hope and happiness ahead. Things seemed tough, but now he has a happy family and more blessings than he has room to receive. We should look forward with faith and hope that the Lord has better things in store for us than we could even imagine. He knows our situations, our worries, our struggles, and our joys. We matter to Him. Sometimes it's hard to trust that it will be alright in the end, but it always is and always will be. Thank you so much for the prayers for Jackson and in our behalf as well. Thank you for the love and kindness you all have shown our family! 


Love, Emalie

No comments:

Post a Comment