Quite the handsome devil.

07 July 2012

"...then do we with patience wait for it."

It's been a quiet morning here.  Jackson is still in a drug-induced coma. He likes the Precedex that they have him on, it makes him very calm and he doesn't get as agitated when they suction him, etc.  Still has a slight fever and they have added another antibiotic.  It will definitely help to get him off the vent and let him start clearing out his lungs.  I think this will happen in the next 2-3 days.  Since the neurosurgeons on his case are gone until Monday, I don't expect too much to happen until then.  Generally, the neurosurgeon on call won't make too many major changes.

Last night our Stake President and his wife came to visit with us in the lobby for a while.  I am still constantly amazed and awed by the outpouring of love and prayers on behalf of Jackson and our family.  I think there are probably people who don't even know us who are praying for Jackson.  Let me just tell you, we feel those prayers.  They strengthen us, and I know the Lord hears them.  There are no words to describe our gratitude for all that has been done on our behalf.

Every day I see miracles around us.  Jackson continues to progress, slowly but surely.  When I think of all that could have happened, how much worse it could have been, I know that Heavenly Father was, and still is, watching over him and our whole family.

Romans 8: 38-39

Love to you all,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Ingram Family, we just heard the news... our thoughts are with you all of you. I know the waiting and watching is tough, and "slowly but surely" can feel like forever, but we are glad to hear that Jackson is on the mend. We were also happy to hear the news that Trevor is doing well! Sending our love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Byrnes. Some people say this is a test of patience, I think it's also a test of endurance. Thanks for thinking of us!

    ReplyDelete