Quite the handsome devil.

13 July 2012

Focusing on today.

Looks like the MRI is still on track for this afternoon.  They were thinking they might have to postpone due to scheduling conflicts, but the neurosurgeon (Dr. Thompson) put his foot down.  It will mainly give the neurosurgeon information about how to proceed with treating his injury.  For the rest of us, it won't tell us much other than whether or not we can remove his neck brace, etc.  I will update as soon as I know something following the procedure.

Jackson is still mostly asleep.  This is common with traumatic brain injuries.  It takes a long time for external neuro-functions to resume since most of the energy is put toward fixing what was damaged.  This stage may last for a while.  We think we may be transferred to a children's rehab facility in Atlanta that is reputed to be one of the best facilities for kids in the country, esp. for traumatic brain injury.  That might happen in a week or 2.  Everything has been removed as far as machines except mouth feeding tube through which he gets feeds and occasional meds. which are still being weaned.  We think a stomach tube will be inserted before long.

I slept more last night than I have in a while.  Stress is exhausting.  I think it is catching up with me lately and I've had to rest more.  I try to keep my feet up as I sit with Jackson because these floors are very unforgiving.  Such is hospital life.  

I try not to focus on how far we have to go.  It's too overwhelming.  Instead, I try to focus on how far we have come.  We have seen so many miracles already and I know there are more in store for this strong, amazing, beautiful boy.  

My prayers are much more in earnest these days.  There are so many things outside of my control that I have to turn over to the Lord.  It's all in His hands and I'm grateful for the blessings he has bestowed on us.  We are so thankful for good friends and family, for all of your love and support and prayers. 

Love, Heather

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed by your strength and faith Heather! We continue to pray for you all!

    ReplyDelete