Quite the handsome devil.

22 July 2012

Faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust.

"When our wagon gets stuck in the mud, God is much more likely to assist the man who gets out to push than the man who merely raises his voice in prayer - no matter how eloquent the oration."    -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I needed a reminder of this today. Prayer is a precious gift and, when combined with faith and trust, works wonderful miracles. But we can't expect to get anywhere or get anything we want in this life without getting out and pushing ourselves. This is the life to learn how to do hard things. This is our time to work out our salvation. We cannot expect someone to give us a golf cart ride along the straight and narrow, it is made for walking. For crawling. For making our way inch by inch. 

This is not an easy road. There are challenges ahead that will try our faith and test our courage. But we have come this far and we will go as far as we have already determined to go. Our journey is marked, and our Guide leads the way. I miss Jackson very much. I feel a great amount of concern for his welfare and, a bit selfishly, that he can be back with us soon. But I am not worried. It will all work out. It already is. 

Recently my Dad told me about how he enjoys reading about the early Saints in Missouri and the struggles and hardships they dealt with. He explained that it gives him great strength to read about their perseverance. I'm glad no one ever asked me to be a pioneer, cause I think I probably would have been a pitiful plain-crosser. My adversities may not be "ideal", but I'll take them. I am grateful for the example of those Saints who trusted the Lord enough to leave behind their comfort and homes, and who endured the loss of much more on the trek west. They pushed through the mud and the snow, pushed through their tears and sorrow, back-breaking pain and endless toil. We can do this. Gird up your loins, fresh courage take, our God will never us forsake. 

All is well. We love you and are so grateful for the prayers and support. Happy Sunday!

Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment