Quite the handsome devil.

27 August 2012

YAY!

Jackson has made so much progress in the last few days.  I think we have hit a growth spurt.  Every one of these things is exciting to me!  I'll just list: More awake, alert, and aware of his surroundings.  He noticed a picture on the wall of himself with his sister and brothers and pointed at each person as I said their names.  Trying to communicate more, hand gestures, nodding and shaking his head, pointing and beckoning.  He has even been using his voice a little more, just sounds right now.  Walking with minimal assistance and with much more balance and for longer distances.  Better balance on the stairs and more able to coordinate movements to go down the stairs.  Writing words (macaroni seems to be his favorite word to write, go figure).  Today in speech therapy he wrote everyone's name in his family.  Dressing with minimal assistance.  And, one of the most exciting things, today he took a bite of a chicken tender AND swallowed it!!  I know we still have a long way to go but this was a huge deal for me today.  I feel like we have overcome some major obstacles and are moving forward.  Prayers are answered.  I know this is true.

Love to you all,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. I love love love reading about Jackson's progress!!!!!! Sooooo exciting! Give him our love!

    Miranda Family

    ReplyDelete