Quite the handsome devil.

20 August 2012

Therapy for the soul.

I had a visit today that really uplifted me.  My friend Barbara from the Beaufort Ward has a friend named Susan who lives here in Atlanta. Barbara was Jackson's Primary teacher when we lived in Beaufort for a couple of years. She told Susan about Jackson and today Susan came by to visit.  A couple of years ago Susan had a brain aneurysm and a stroke. Today you would never know it. She shared her story with me and gave me some much needed empathy and encouragement.  These people who share their miracles with me have no idea how much it helps me.  This is just what I needed today and I know that both of those women were inspired by God.

Jackson has begun asserting his independence and expressing his preferences lately.  Mostly he likes to let me know when he DOESN'T want something, like wearing the eye patch to help strengthen his eye muscles.  Today he has started shaking his head no and that was the answer to every question.  Hopefully nodding will follow soon.

Getting out of bed and getting into the wheelchair has become much easier lately.  Jackson can almost sit up by himself and can stand supported and step to the chair and scoot himself back into it.  He is also giving more help during dressing, helping pull on shirts, pants and socks.  We have come a long way since we got here 3 weeks ago!

Not sure still where we are going after this.  We just feel so grateful for the opportunity we have had to be here and to get all the help we have gotten from some amazing people.  The Lord has been watching out for Jackson and I know He won't let him down now.  Thank you for all the prayers and encouraging messages.  We love and appreciate all of you!

Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment