Quite the handsome devil.

14 September 2012

Trading places

I arrived back in Atlanta yesterday afternoon and Ashley drove back to South Carolina to be home with the other boys.  I enjoyed spending time with Jake, Trevor and Adam the past few days.  It was good to be home and gave me an opportunity to assess the situation.  Ashley has been doing such a good job of keeping everything together, but even he can't do everything.  All I had to do was mention my needs to my good friends Susan and Lisa, and everything seemed to fall into place.  I am so humbled and grateful for all of the offers of help and assurances of support that we received from our Church friends, neighbors, and "family" at the charter school that Trevor and Adam are attending.  Within a very short period of time, all of my major concerns about the house, yard, and transportation for the kids were resolved.  I can't think of these people as anything but angels who showed up just when we needed them most.  I was able to leave South Carolina with peace of mind knowing that Ashley and the boys were being watched out for.

Jackson looks great and is so happy.  His walking and talking have improved in the five days I was gone. I think he and Ashley really enjoyed being able to spend a few days here together.  The people at Day Rehab want Jackson to stay for 60 days, but the scholarship application only extends for 30 days at a time.  It's possible that when they re-evaluate him in a couple weeks, if he has made significant progress, they might be able to get a grant for another 30 days.  For right now, we have been given a tentative release date of October 5th.  Regardless of what happens, we are thrilled to have had this opportunity.  Jackson has a very positive attitude and wants very much to get stronger and better so he tries very hard in his therapy sessions.  We are so grateful to have gotten this far!

Be assured that our thoughts and prayers are with you all and that we look forward to being home amongst our friends and loved ones.  The Lord has been so good to us and blessed us to have so many wonderful people in our lives.  We love you all!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if any of you knew, but President Odiorne mentioned Jackson at the conclusion of Stake Conf today. He thanked everyone, on behalf of Jackson, for all the prayers and help offered on his behalf. It was very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard about it today! Jackson was so amazed when I told him that Pres. Odiorne sent emails to all of the bishops so they could ask the members of their wards to fast for him. He wanted us to be sure to ask him to thank everyone and tell them he knows their prayers worked.

    ReplyDelete