Quite the handsome devil.

23 October 2012

Home.

After nearly four months, Jackson and I returned home a few days ago.  It's still hard to believe we made it through the hardest part of one of the biggest challenges we've ever faced.  And now we have our son home with us again.  I don't even know how to convey the depth of our gratitude to the Lord.  The words from Luke 15:24 keep coming to my mind: "For this my son was dead, and is alive again.". We've been given another chance and every day feels like a gift.

We are trying to get back to a normal schedule around here.  Jackson started outpatient therapy today and we also met with the Special Services team at the middle school.  He will return to Savannah this week to follow up with the Pediatric Neurosurgeon who reconstructed his skull and have a CT scan to see how things are healing.  We plan to stop in at the Pediatric ICU and visit the great people who helped take care of Jackson while he was there.  I have to admit I am very much looking forward to seeing their faces when he walks in and starts talking to them!

There are so many people that have served our family in numerous ways over the last few months.  I can't think of many greater blessings than having true friends and we have been blessed with an abundance.  Our love and thanks to you all!

Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment